Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is adopting scarcity a good strategy?

Yesterday, my apartment management stuck a poster which read

"Tomorrow, shutdown of water services between 8 AM and 12:30 PM due to repairs. Inconvenience regretted".

This water scarcity for 4 hours made me to wake up early and take my shower quickly. It forced me to use water conservatively for the next 4 hours till the supply was back. When I reflected back, I noticed that my day was productive, because of one little thing. The shortage. The scarcity.

So if I bring in scarcity into my everyday working style, will it improve my productivity? If I reduce my work time to 5 hours, will it improve the way I do my things? If I reduce my team size, will the output be better? If I reduce my commute time to work, will it help me to reduce my working time even further?

My strategy for the next few weeks would be to implement a "scarcity" based working model

No comments:

Post a Comment