Friday, January 22, 2010

Having attrition problems? Try a nice gesture

Last week, Airtel sent me a personalized calendar. I felt special. I know that I would stick with Airtel services for the rest of the year. I started thinking when was the last time I showed a nice gesture to my team members. I wasn't able to recollect. Long time. Probably never did.

My contemplation was if I show a nice gesture all of a sudden, wont it be too artificial? Wont it be too corporate-ish? Probably yes. But who cares. I knew that Airtel sent me to make me special and also to make me glued to them for one more year, although I have been enjoying their services.

A nice gesture could be anything. I know of a manager who picks his team member and drops him regularly (though it is off-route from him). Show it regularly and probably you don't have to worry too much about attrition or productivity loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment