Thursday, October 13, 2011

Leadership is support....

Do you feel like calling your boss when you are in a problem hoping he is there for you?


In my opinion, leadership is about the support you can provide to the community that you touch upon - your team, your customer, your vendor, etc, when they need you.


I want to take an example of one of my colleagues, who is basically an account manager. His role doesn't demand him to fix a java or a shell script, but in case of one, I feel like reaching out to him. His role doesn't demand him to take care of low quality conference bridge issues. But in case of one, I reach out to him. And he does all this without a fuss. For me, he is a leader.


I know whom to reach out in case of an issue. Are you one of that kind? A supportive leader or a tyrant boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment