Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Even a stopped clock is right twice in a day.BS.

How many of us rule out not-so-good (corporate term for BS) programmers from our projects after our first encounter with them? A lot of us. I did. There was this programmer who asked me how to calculate ratios & percentages. I didn't want him in my second project. Was my decision correct? Probably right at that moment. And I would argue that it is correct today also.

One of my bosses argued that we should give time for him to improve. Why? Wasn't he given 12 years at school to learn basics & fundamentals? If he didn't learn that time, he will not learn now also. He might learn ratios & percentages now. But he would miss on some other fundamental.

A stopped clock is right twice a day and is wrong 1338 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment